During the summer of 2020, Lansing Art Gallery & Education Center and the city of Lansing will partner to bring temporary, site-specific artwork to 19 sites along 3.5 miles of the Lansing River Trail from REO Town to Old Town and through downtown Lansing. ARTpath is a competitive exhibition and features installations by Michigan artists.
Lansing's increasingly vibrant riverfront offers opportunities for residents and visitors to engage in the arts. Exploring the river trail is a great excuse to get out of the house and ARTpath adds more exciting visuals for walkers, runners, kayakers and bikers alike. The wide expanse of the trail makes it easy to practice social distancing. ARTpath will take place from June 1, 2020 - August 31, 2020 with sculptures, murals and installations installed along the trail!
The participating Michigan artists are listed from north to south below. Find their bios and details here.
1. Contemplating a sculpture by Doug DeLind | Mason, MI
2. Leaf Spiral a sculptural installation by Craig Hinshaw | Davison, MI
3. Fish Ladder an installation by Jessica Wang | East Lansing, MI
4. Heavenly a sculpture by Michael Angelo Magnotta | East Lansing, MI
5. Chain of Compassion an installation by Jane Reiter | Lansing, MI (Pictured above. Photo by Jena McShane)
6. Time a sculpture by Kelly O'Neill | Brighton, MI
7. An Ancient Relic From Our Distant Future a sculpture by ART | Interlochen, MI
8. Rebirth a mural by Stephanie Ellis | Grand Rapids, MI
9. Into the Hot, Out of the Cold an installation by Jim Wolnosky | Bath, MI
10. Mischief a sculpture by Dace Koenigsknecht | St. Johns, MI
11. Living a mural by Emily Luyk | Grand Rapids, MI
12. Our Elements a sculpture by Christine Beals | Haslett, MI
13. Being and Autism a mural by William Charland | Okemos, MI
14. Oh, good! No Time for Fear a mural by Madeline Jackson | Spring Lake, MI
15. Keep It Grand Lansing a mural by Ann Lewis | Detroit, MI
16. St. Celicia a mural by Isiah Lattimore | Flint, MI
17. Antidote a mural by Kylie Thomas | Kalamazoo, MI
18. Adopted a sculpture by Martha Carés | Sawyer, MI
19. Pondscum a mural by Dayna Walton | Grand Rapids, MI
ARTpath 2020 is generously supported by sponsors Rathbun Agency/Auto-Owners with additional support by Redhead Design Studio, Greater Lansing Convention and Visitors Bureau, MEDC, AF Group, Board of Water and Light, Norm Charles, Sue & the late Jack Davis, Melissa Eyde, Sam & Judy Eyde, Fox 47, Gillespie Group, Hude Legal Services, PLLC , Kramer Mgt. Group, Lansing Symphony Orchestra, Laurie Lonsdorf, Michelle Massey & Joe Findlater, Gary & Nancy McRay, Rich Sneary, Dan & Bonnie Warmels.