Job Posting – Intern, Marketing Communications
About Choose Lansing
The vision of Choose Lansing is to inspire everyone to celebrate and love Greater Lansing as much as we do! Which goes hand in hand with our mission, to positively impact our community’s quality of life by developing the region as a visitor destination. We are a non-profit organization that markets Greater Lansing as a destination for meetings and conventions, sporting events, and leisure travel. The marketing team also supports the Lansing Sports Commission which is a sub-division of Choose Lansing.
Choose Lansing is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization vows not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (includes gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, or age.
We are seeking an intern to join our marketing communications team. This position reports to the vice president of marketing communications and supports the social media, written and digital content, graphic design and media relations to promote Greater Lansing as a travel destination.
Creative and collaborative, dynamic, fast paced work environment. Part time, temporary position located in professional office in downtown Lansing, MI. Hourly rate is $14. Standard work hours Mon.-Fri. 8:30 am – 5 pm., with opportunity for flexible remote schedule. Occasional evenings/weekend events
- Work in collaboration with MarCom staff to help support engagement to all social channels. Produce content including writing posts and creating reels.
- Utilize graphic design skills to support the creation of Choose Lansing and Lansing Sports Commission promotional materials.
- Work in conjunction with MarCom staff to capture and catalog photos/videos.
- Work in conjunction with MarCom staff to maintain content and appearance of websites and digital marketing projects.
- Support promotional efforts for special events such as the Love Lansing campaign and others.
- Support media relations efforts. Ensures that all media lists are up-to-date and maintains relevant MarCom contacts.
- Administrative duties including mailings, printing/copying/collating, data entry, etc.
- Support community relations and promotional efforts by representing the organization at events/tradeshows as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Requires extensive computer and telephone use.
- May require lifting, pushing and/or pulling objects over 25 pounds.
- Knowledge of marketing, content development and public relations as they relate to the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communications skills and excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality internally and in a variety of public contact situations.
- Ability to work as a team member to meet the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in social media/video creation, graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and Microsoft Office software
Education and Experience
At least Junior status at institute of higher learning with an emphasis in marketing, communications, digital media, film/new media/video production, media arts & technology, journalism, public relations or related field preferred. Reliable transportation is required.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume and portfolio link/samples of creative work to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MarCom Intern” in the subject line