Looking to cast your line in Lansing? The region is home to multiple lakes, rivers and streams with all sorts of fishing opportunities. At county, state and city parks, fishermen can fish from the shore, piers or from a boat. Typical fish species available in local lakes include catfish, crappie, largemouth bass, Northern pike, smallmouth bass and sunfish.
Popular fishing spots along the Grand River are near the Brenke Fish Ladder or anywhere along the Lansing River Trail where fishermen bring in spring and fall runs of trout, steelhead and salmon. The Grand River also contains muskie, perch, whitefish, and bluegill.
Fishing licenses are required and can be obtained online through the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) or can be found at local Meijer stores.
- Annual all species Michigan resident - $26
- Annual all species Michigan nonresident - $76
- Annual all species senior (65+ or who are legally blind, Michigan residents only) - $11
- Annual all-species youth (voluntary license for Michigan residents or nonresidents under the age of 17) - $2
- Daily all species Michigan resident/nonresident - $10/day (you set the date/time for the license to start)