Michigan State University
Planning a Visit? Welcome to Spartan Country!
There are tons of reasons to visit Michigan State University in East Lansing. Whether it's to visit your new college student or to cheer the Spartans on to victory, you're probably wondering where to stay and what to do while you're in town. We compiled all the necessary resources, including nearby hotels, restaurants and attractions, to make planning your trip to East Lansing, Michigan a breeze.
- If you are planning a visit during peak times such as home football game weekends, graduation and/or move in week, be sure to book your lodging well in advance. Hotels fill up quickly!
- Need the latest info on football game day rules and parking maps? You'll find the answers here.
- Want to show your Spartan spirit? Be sure to grab your green and white gear at one of the many specialty retailers on campus or at the Student Book Store along Grand River Avenue.
- Looking for an easy way to get here from the Chicago area? Check out the Amtrak line with a convenient East Lansing station located near campus.
- If someone shouts "Go Green!" True Spartan fans know the only response is an immediate "Go White!"
New in 2023 at Spartan Stadium
MSU concessions will include alcohol sales by the Sept. 16 game versus Washington and then at each of the final three homes games this season. Alcohol sales will begin one hour before the game and end with five minutes remaining in the third quarter. Fans will be able to purchase two drinks per transaction.
Where to Eat
East Lansing is a vibrant, eclectic college town full of great dining options. From the award-winning Jolly Pumpkin Cafe, to fool-proof options like Noodles and Company, East Lansing has options to suit not just every taste, but every budget.
MSU is more than just a Big Ten university. From the exquisite gardens of the W.J. Beal Botanical Gardens to the awe-inspiring modern art of the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum...well, like we said earlier there is plenty to keep you busy right on campus.
The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum is a Zaha Hadid-designed contemporary art museum at MSU dedicated to exploring global contemporary culture…Read More
The Greater Lansing Experience Pass is your guide to top attractions, cultural museums, exciting entertainment centers, and family-friendly opportunities throughout Michigan's Capital region. Download the free digital pass to access deals and discounts as you check into dozens of attractions and accumulate points to earn prizes.Read More
- MSU's campus is one of the biggest and greenest in the nation
- MSU became the first agricultural college in the United States in 1855
- The college went through five names changes before it was called Michigan State University
- Sparty is a three-time national top collegiate mascotRead Entire List of Facts About MSU
Whether you're visiting a student, coming for a game, or conducting business on campus - the list of hotels below are all located in the east side of the region. Making it convenient to get to campus and downtown East Lansing amenities.
Follow us on Instagram and tag your pics @greaterlansing and use the hashtag #lovelansing. Maybe you'll be featured in our gallery!