Art is all around us, and the Greater Lansing area is no exception. Take a stroll through any one of these surrounding neighborhoods to see bright, colorful street art, sculptures and a plethora of galleries, theaters and cultural events. Check out the list below for our picks of what not to miss in each of Lansing’s artsy districts.
REO Town Lansing
- Vibe: Up & Coming/Eclectic
- Go for: Murals & Street Art
- Browse: REACH Studio Art Center, REO Town Marketplace
- Events: Juneteenth Festival '21
Old Town Lansing
- Vibe: Mix of Old & New
- Go For: Elderly Instruments
- Browse: Absolute Gallery, MICA Gallery
- Events: Lansing 5:01 Dam Jam, Art Feast
- Vibe: Collegial & Upscale
- Go for: Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum, Wharton Center for Performing Arts
- Browse: Saper Galleries & Custom Framing
- Events: East Lansing Art Festival, Summer Solstice Jazz Festival
- Vibe: Down to Earth But Up for Anything
- Go for: Lansing Community College’s Sculpture Walk
- Browse: La Fille Gallery, Lansing Art Gallery
- Event: 5:01 BLOCK:AID
Planning a visit to one of these artsy communities? Download the 517 ARTsearch app developed by the Arts Council of Greater Lansing to get more information about any of the public art you come across. Find even more information about Lansing’s ever-expanding art scene here.
Photography: Kevin Fowler, Beth Jespersen, James Lenon and our #lovelansing community—a special thanks for their awesome imagery and social media posts.