Yes, we eat to satisfy our appetite, but food is so much more than that; food brings people together. From first dates and birthdays, to business meetings and anniversaries, dining out just seems to find its way into every good part of our lives. Well, all of these good moments deserve good food, don’t they? That’s where we come in. From fine dining and farm to table, Greater Lansing offers a diverse dining landscape that will not only satisfy your taste buds, but it will fit in with your lifestyle and budget. Learn even more about Lansing’s dining scene, including events, when you visit our page for foodies.
Most restaurants, breweries, wineries and distilleries are open. Bar service, dancing and mingling with other parties is permitted. Social distancing is not required and there is no restriction for the number of people at a table. Outdoor dining, take out and delivery all remain great alternatives to indoor dining. Please see each individual establishment’s website for their mask policy.
Dining Info to Know Before You Go
Dining out at local eateries is a favorite pastime for travelers, no matter where they’ve traveled from. We can promise you that the food found in mid-Michigan is worth the wait! We offer a wide array of dining options that serve a variety of cuisines including farm fresh fare, classic burgers and International delicacies.
Below are some tips to help you navigate dining out during your Greater Lansing getaway:
- Be flexible, patient and kind. Many hospitality related businesses are experiencing staffing challenges and are having to close unexpectedly or are asking limited staff to do the job of many. Your patience and kindness is appreciated. Having a back-up location in mind is also a great idea if your first choice is not an option.
- Dine at non-peak hours such as lunch and happy hour (2-5pm). Not only will you save time, but you’re likely to save money because lunch menus are typically lower in price and happy hour typically comes with food specials.
- Make reservations or use call-ahead seating options.
- Take advantage of delivery and carryout. Be sure to order in advance to lessen your wait time at pick-up.
- Sip, savor and stroll! Enjoy your beverage “to-go” and utilize one of Lansing’s three social districts. Learn more here.
- Check for revised restaurant hours and limited-capacity seating by contacting your eatery of choice.
Our local businesses are thrilled to see your smiling faces. We apologize for any inconvenience you may encounter and appreciate your patience with area attractions, restaurant and lodging partners as they navigate an unprecedented year.