Wharton Center Presents: Parsons Dance - Sensory-Friendly PerformanceVenue: Wharton Center for Performing Arts
Location: Wharton Center for Performing Arts
Address: 750 E Shaw Ln Michigan State University Cobb Great Hall East Lansing, MI
Times: Performance starts at 2 p.m.
Admission: See Website for Details
Contact: Wharton Center
(517) 353-1982 Visit Website
Part of our mission for this coming season is to expand our sensory-friendly offerings beyond child- and family-oriented musical theatre. In keeping with that mission, we’re happy to welcome Parsons Dance for an afternoon of modern dance in our Cobb Great Hall Theatre.
What are Sensory-Friendly Performances?
At Sensory-Friendly Performances, accommodations will include:
- Lower sound and light levels; all strobe light effects removed.
- House lights on at a low level throughout the performance.
- Audience members are welcome to stand, move around, and enter and leave the theatre as needed.
- An Activities Area with crafts and sensory activities as well as designated quiet areas.
- Autism specialists and trained volunteers on hand.
- Sensory supports available (fidgets, earplugs).
- A Social Story that portrays the theatre-going experience with pictures and text.
- A Character Guide with pictures identifying each character in the show.
- Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, headphones, electronics, special snacks, and other support items to the
February 22, 2020
Location: 750 E Shaw Ln, Wharton Center for Performing Arts, MI
Phone: (517) 353-1982
Time: Performance starts at 2 p.m.
Price: See Website for Details