While going South to some more sunny states sounds great for a spring break, it may not be so good for the wallet. Stay on budget and plan a Michigan Staycation in Greater Lansing that the family will never forget! Get hands-on with a whole bunch of family-friendly indoor activities, take the family on an outdoor adventure or plan for your weekend at the pool!
The Greater Lansing Blog
Tag - #All
Greater Lansing has great options for those who love fish of any kind - fried with house-made
You don't have to wait for Valentine's Day or Sweetest Day to enjoy a couple's get-out-of-the-house excursion in Lansing. Hold hands during a nature stroll or choose a heart-pumping activity like racing go carts. If that's not your speed, how about a traditional upscale dinner and a delightful overnight? We’ve gathered up some fun, romantic and unique ideas for you. Plan your next date in Greater Lansing, Michigan.
Pizza. A food loved by all and what some would consider a universal food group. From deep dish to New York style and Detroit brick oven to Neopolitan, the pizza pie has evolved over the years, making it a staple in the average persons diet.
So you’ve decided to plan your vacation for the upcoming year. You’re doing a bunch of google searching, Pinterest scrolling and talking to others about the best places to go in Michigan. Well, have you ever thought of using your destinations CVB to help with your travel plans?
January 4, 2021 by Tracy Padot, CTA
We know the #lovelansing community is eager to support local dining establishments. So we polled several of our GLCVB members and asked them to share some highlights about their restaurants. Get to know the faces and stories (behind the masks) that serve up delicious dishes in Greater Lansing. Unique in their own way, we encourage you to try them all!
Who doesn’t love a fall color tour? If you’re looking for a quick road trip that allows you to take in the kaleidoscope of fall colors all while providing stops to sample delicious uniquely Michigan tastes, we’ve got you covered. We’ve lined up a weekend itinerary that can be customized and enjoyed whether you want a romantic escape or a fun outing with the kids.
As summer winds down take a moment to see if you've hit all of our Top 10 Things to Do on your #lovelansing Summer Bucket List. These are our top picks that every Michigander should experience in the Greater Lansing region. We've still got great weather for weeks to come so if you haven't explored them all - there's still time! The best part? They all make it easy to social distance so you can enjoy them safely and responsibly.
August 6, 2020 by Tracy Padot, CTA
5 Things to Do BEFORE You Get to Greater Lansing
- Review the updated safety precautions and guidelines. The state of Michigan requires individuals to wear a face covering in public places. Learn more about Michigan’s Coronavirus guidelines here.
- Plan out the activities you'd like to do on your visit while maintaining social distancing and safety guidelines. Please note most businesses are open although some attractions may request you reserve a timed entry ticket. Please note: a few attractions and businesses are currently closed.
After spending practically all of spring indoors, I'll take any excuse to be outside this summer. Despite my extra time to practice my own cooking and drink mixing skills, I crave having a professional cocktail from some of my favorite restaurants. Having a quiet, sunny space to sit while drinking is just an added bonus to the experience.
- Amanda Toy, CMP, CGMP, GMS, CTA (7)
- Brenda Haight, CMP, CTA (5)
- Brendan Dwyer, CTA (222)
- Brooke Couch, CTA (8)
- Corri Harvey, CTA (3)
- David Buckenberger, CDME, CMP, CMS, CTA (4)
- Hannah Kroll, CMP, CTA (1)
- Heather Kim, CMP, CTA (6)
- Kate Mudgett (2)
- Katherine Murphy, CTA (5)
- Lauren Grattan, CTA (20)
- Lauren Williams, CTA (24)
- Lori Lanspeary, CTA (289)
- Mary Chris Hotchkiss, CMP, CTA (4)
- Matt Mohundro, CTA (4)
- Matt Vande Bunte (14)
- Nate Reens (10)
- Stephanie Wohlfert, CMP, CTA (5)
- Tracy Padot, CTA (23)
- Valeri Gill, CTA (11)
- All (652)
- Arts and Culture (10)
- Be A Tourist (23)
- Beer, Wine & Spirits (19)
- East Lansing (6)
- Family Friendly (48)
- Festivals (1)
- Hotels (5)
- Lansing (9)
- Meetings/Event Professionals (81)
- Michigan State University (12)
- Old Town (3)
- Restaurants (61)
- Shopping (22)
- Special Events (40)
- Sports (9)
- Things To Do (121)