The Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau (GLCVB) shares the global concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID–19). The CVB is cautiously monitoring developments of the coronavirus outbreak and its impact on travelers to and from the region. With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to follow any guidance offered by the CDC and local and state public health authorities.
In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, the GLCVB has closed the downtown Lansing and East Lansing visitor centers. The GLCVB team will continue to be available to serve our members, visitors and area residents under modified operations. In an effort to keep the Capital region healthy and safe, our staff will be working remotely. We will remain accessible and have a plan in place to continue to provide services during this period.
Our thoughts are with our members and the entire hospitality community during this challenging time. Stay Well.
New Executive Order Effective July 13, 2020
Governor Whitmer issued new executive order 2020-147 that requires businesses to refuse entry or service to patrons who refuse to wear a face covering.
Download Signs for Your Business
Wear a Face Mask Stop the Spread of Germs
Staying Safe - Business Resources for Reopening
At the GLCVB, we have begun to collect and share information about the safety measures being implemented in our local facilities. It will be important for the GLCVB to have a good pulse as to the safety measures being put in place going forward so we will be able to assure our visitors that we are taking the appropriate health and safety measures throughout our destination.
We're sure many of you are following guidelines from your corporate brands, national and state association recommendations as well as input from colleagues around the state and country. Listed below are some links from the CDC and OSHA that may be helpful in developing your strategies for future visitor safety. There are also links from other industries that provide information that may also apply to your specific business or serve as a template. GLCVB staff are serving on a statewide task force to create best practices on how meetings and events will meet safely in the future and how we will keep employees safe in our facilities and venues and we will share applicable information with you as it becomes available. Please feel free to share any comments back to us in the meantime about the safety plans you already have underway or any guidance we might be able to provide. Email email@example.com.
- CDC Guidelines
- CDC Guidelines for Mass Gatherings
- OSHA Guidelines
- US Travel Association
- Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- American Alliance of Museums
Marketing Tips & Videos
Developed in partnership with marketing experts at mlive. Find info on recovery messaging, social media tips, video conference calls and more.
Webinar - Navigating COVID-19 and Setting the Course for Financial Recovery
Recording | Slide deck | Rehmann COVID-19 Knowledge Center
Contact info for questions: Bill Burke, Director of Client Service and Business Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, 517.803.3360
Michigan Cares for Tourism
The GLCVB is proud to support MI Cares for Tourism and MRLA as they host an online fundraiser to aid hospitality workers in need. They’re offering some really cool MC4T swag in return for a donation. MC4T is buying these items, and covering the cost of shipping, so 100% of all donations go directly to front line staff impacted by COVID-19. Details and donate here. https://app.mobilecause.com/e/b1q3MA?vid=774gt
Hospitality Industry Fundraiser
- Please see our GLCVB Safe Meeting page here.
- MSAE Recommendations
- Events Industry Council – Resources for the events industry related to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Meetings Mean Business - Coronavirus Resources
- PCMA - What Business Events Professionals Need to Know About the COVID-19 Coronavirus
- MPI Official Statement - Coronavirus and the Meeting Industry
Local News & Resources
- World Health Organization
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to waive copays and deductibles for COVID-19 tests
- Guidance for employers on how to plan and respond to COVID-19
- Workplace tips for employers to combat the coronavirus
- CDC – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- MDHHS – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Ingham County Health Department – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Sparrow Health System
- McLaren Greater Lansing
- Michigan State University
- Rehmann COVID-19 Knowledge Center
- Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
Virtual Events & Activities