The Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau (GLCVB) shares the global concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID–19). The CVB is cautiously monitoring developments of the coronavirus outbreak and its impact on travelers to and from the region. With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to follow any guidance offered by the CDC and local and state public health authorities.
Our thoughts are with our members and the entire hospitality community during this challenging time. Stay Well.
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Epidemic Orders
Face Mask Recommendations - June 22, 2021
Pause to Save Lives Overview
Masks and Gatherings Order - November 15, 2020
Safe Social "Pods" Guidance
Social Gatherings Guidance
Epidemic Order as of October 29
Epidemic Order Fact Sheet
Contact Tracing Information Collection Q&A
Relaunch Greater Lansing
The GLCVB is proud to be a member of the RELAUNCH Greater Lansing: Economic Rehabilitation Task Force! The Task Force has created a comprehensive website to help businesses and organizations keep track of all the need to know COVID-19 relevant information. To learn more, please visit www.relaunchgreaterlansing.com.
Greater Lansing Safe Pledge
Greater Lansing prides itself on being a welcoming community, and now we need to be a safe one as well. The Greater Lansing Safe Pledge helps visitors know our destination is taking precautions to keep everyone healthy and safe during the Coronavirus pandemic. Sign up and learn more.
Staying Safe - Business Resources for Reopening
At the GLCVB, we have collected information about the safety measures being implemented in our local facilities. It will be important for the GLCVB to have a good pulse as to the safety measures being put in place going forward so we will be able to assure our visitors that we are taking the appropriate health and safety measures throughout our destination.
We're sure many of you are following guidelines from your corporate brands, national and state association recommendations as well as input from colleagues around the state and country. Listed below are some links from the CDC and OSHA that may be helpful in developing your strategies for future visitor safety. There are also links from other industries that provide information that may also apply to your specific business or serve as a template. GLCVB staff are serving on a statewide task force to create best practices on how meetings and events will meet safely in the future and how we will keep employees safe in our facilities and venues and we will share applicable information with you as it becomes available. Please feel free to share any comments back to us in the meantime about the safety plans you already have underway or any guidance we might be able to provide. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CDC Guidelines
- CDC Guidelines for Mass Gatherings
- OSHA Guidelines
- US Travel Association
- Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- American Alliance of Museums
Developed in partnership with marketing experts at mlive. Find info on recovery messaging, social media tips, video conference calls and more.
Webinar - Navigating COVID-19 and Setting the Course for Financial Recovery
- Please see our GLCVB Safe Meeting page here.
- MSAE Recommendations
- Events Industry Council – Resources for the events industry related to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Meetings Mean Business - Coronavirus Resources
- PCMA - What Business Events Professionals Need to Know About the COVID-19 Coronavirus
- MPI Official Statement - Coronavirus and the Meeting Industry
Local News & Resources
- World Health Organization
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to waive copays and deductibles for COVID-19 tests
- Guidance for employers on how to plan and respond to COVID-19
- Workplace tips for employers to combat the coronavirus
- CDC – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- MDHHS – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Ingham County Health Department – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Sparrow Health System
- McLaren Greater Lansing
- Michigan State University
- Rehmann COVID-19 Knowledge Center
- Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Hotels Offer Special Rates for First Responders
- Work from Hotel: A remote working alternative