Youve heard the rumors. Youve read the reports. Chocolate has health benefits. Id like to accept any and all delightful chocolate research with a grain of salt (preferably sea salt) and a smidge of caramel.
An article on Huffington Post touts the following benefits:
- Chocolate Decreases Stroke Risk
- Chocolate Boosts Heart Health
- Chocolate Fills You Up (so you eat less)
- Chocolate May Fight Diabetes
- Chocolate Protects Your Skin
- Chocolate Can Quiet Coughs
- Chocolate Boosts Your Mood
- Chocolate Improves Blood Flow
- Chocolate Improves Your Vision
- Chocolate May Make You Smarter
Is this stretching the research a bit? Well, maybe so, but personally I find that chocolate makes me happy, which, in itself, is good enough for me. Here are a handful of sources of chocolate, parties and events that Greater Lansing has to offer in the upcoming days:
February 8 Le Chat Gourmet Culinary Arts Chocolate Workshop
February 12 Old Town Chocolate Walk
February 23 MSU Museums Chocolate Party
Find fabulous chocolate treats year-round at Fabianos Candies on E. Michigan Ave. Lansing.
There is more chocolate and sweet Valentines Day specials in the Lansing area.
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. Charles M. Schulz
There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. Linda Grayson