In Michigan, we really enjoy our warmer weather. It gets us out of the confines of the house and we love nothing better than outdoors sports whether its bicycling, rollerblading, skateboarding, running and just playing in the park. But when the dog days of summer hit and the weather gets too hot to even enjoy the green spaces of Greater Lansing, its time to head to the water attractions, pools and park lakes to cool off. Residents and visitors alike can take advantage of the following options:
- East Lansing Family Aquatic Center. Zoom down the 120 foot body slide or hit the3 15 foot drop slide. And for the little ones, theres a zero-depth entry into the pool and a splash pad for everyone to have fun.
- Lake Lansing Park-South. Lake Lansing is the largest body of water within 30 miles of Lansing complete with a sandy beach and an adjoining four acres of green grass to sprawl out on.
- Hawk Island Park. This park has it all-a nice swimming beach, rowboat and pedal boat rentals, fishing docks and a state-of-the-art Splash Pad plus a nice playground.
- Burchfield Park. (Holt) Another Ingham County park complete with a sweet swimming beach, pedal boat and canoe/kayak rental, fishing and a playground.
- Fox Memorial Park (Potterville) Swimming beach and grassy area, fishing docks and a playground area round out the amenities at this Eaton County park.
- You could also think about doing a little camping at Sleepy Hollow State Park with Lake Ovid or perhaps some slightly more urban camping at Cottonwood Campgrounds complete with indoor pool.
You know that you want to enjoy the great outdoors in the summer months, so go ahead and dive inthe waters fine!