Job Posting – Sales Manager
The vision of the Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau is to inspire everyone to celebrate and love Greater Lansing as much as we do! Which goes hand in hand with our mission, to positively impact our community’s quality of life by developing the region as a visitor destination.
The GLCVB is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization vows not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (includes gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, or age.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our convention sales team. This position reports to the senior vice president of business development and is responsible for securing new and rotational convention and meeting business for the destination.
Creative and collaborative, dynamic, fast paced work environment. Full time position located in professional office in Lansing, MI. Standard work hours Mon.-Fri. 8:30 am – 5 pm., with opportunity for flexible/part-time remote schedule. Occasional evenings/weekend events.
Knowledge and appreciation for the mid-Michigan region and the #lovelansing community. Ability to develop and foster relationships with event planners and appropriate hospitality industry partners, leveraging these skills to increase and sell the Lansing area hotels and convention center meetings experience.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business development, marketing, communications, and a minimum of five years of experience in sales and relationship building preferred.
- Responsible for prospecting new business in a defined market segment(s). Develops and fosters relationships with meeting and event planners to create new business and sustain existing business.
- Develops and fosters relationships with appropriate hospitality industry partners and community members to effectively represent and sell Greater Lansing to meeting and event planners. Serves as a liaison between hotel/facility personnel and meeting and event planners.
- Works in collaboration with other members of the Sales department and with the Marketing Communications and Sales and Services Department departments to attract business and provide a consistent customer experience.
Meets or exceeds established sales goals, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Responsible for timely and accurate input of data to the sales management software program.
Responsible for professional written and verbal communication with clients, members, and a variety of other professionals.
Ensure the integrity of and maintain the data within the CRM database.
Represents Bureau at meetings sponsored by national, state and local organizations related to sales and the hospitality industry.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical and Environmental Requirements
Requires physical activity for extended periods of time such as computer work/keyboarding, telephone use, bending, reaching, twisting, sitting, and standing.
Requires lifting, pushing and pulling objects over 25 pounds.
Travel in personal automobile and air travel required for Bureau Business.
- Strong knowledge of effective sales strategies and processes; self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and its importance to the local economy; ability to understand the role of the Bureau in the community.
- Exceptional customer service skills and an ability to handle various individuals and personalities in a professional and friendly manner. Outstanding relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality in a wide variety of internal and public situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including grammar, spelling and general written correspondence skills.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
The Bureau offers an award winning, team-focused environment with competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability and long-term disability
- 401K with employer contribution
- Paid time off, including paid holidays
- Education reimbursement program
- Professional development/training opportunities
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Sales Manager” in the subject line.