What can GLCVB Partnership do for you? By joining our organization you are becoming a member of a very special partnership to advance a vision of Greater Lansing in an ideal community to both live and visit! Give YOUR business direct access to the over 4.7 million visitors to the Greater Lansing region every year through a variety of marketing initiatives, in print, online and face-to-face. What else? How about these advantages!
The Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau (GLCVB) promotes our members through a dynamic, state-of-the-art digital communications strategy.
- www.Lansing.org is an award-winning website designed to offer potential visitors and meeting planners an easy way to locate information about the best that Greater Lansing has to offer. All members receive a FREE listing, including contact information, business description and pictures. A hyperlink to your own website is provided FREE of charge. You may use the website to promote your public event by using the "submit event" feature. We also offer ways to collaborate with other hospitality members through participation in our special Capital City Packages.
- Social Networks like Facebook and Twitter allow the GLCVB to promotes member businesses through a comprehensive social marketing presence. Your website will be included on the GLCVB's social bookmark pages and you may find your business featured on the GLCVB's blog, The Buzz, or interactive sites like YouTube and Flickr.
- The Greater Lansing Mobile App and Website at http://m.lansing.org includes a FREE listing for hospitality members in a location-aware travel guide for visitors using smart phones.
This is the GLCVB's premier marketing publication. It is an annual, four-color publication with a circulation of 150,000 copies. The Visitor Guide is designed to promote the Greater Lansing area to visitors, meeting planners, tour operators, convention delegates and new residents. It has a wide, targeted distribution (see below). GLCVB hospitality members receive a FREE listing in the Guide (determined by the editor) and members can purchase advertising placements. All GLCVB members have access to a supply of these publications for distribution.
Visitor Information Satellites
The Greater Lansing Visitor Center and Information Satellites offer a one-stop source for information about area events and attractions. The Visitor Center is located in the heart of downtown Lansing's Stadium District and includes a souvenir gift shop and an Information Specialist ready to assist visitors. Satellites and distribution points are located around the community, making both the Visitor Guide and visitor information conveniently accessible to visitors and residents alike.
- Visitor Center - Lansing: Stadium District, 500 E. Michigan Ave., Suite 180, Lansing, MI 48912
- Visitor Center - East Lansing: 549 E. Grand River Ave., East Lansing, MI 48823
- Lansing Visitor Guide Distribution: Meridian Mall, Lansing Center, Lansing Mall, Michigan Interstate Welcome Centers, area hotel and motel rooms and lobbies, MSU, Silver & Beyond, Preuss Pets, Capital Region International Airport, newspaper boxes, and relocation packages of both the Greater Lansing's top realtors and the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
The Team Lansing Foundation and the GLCVB have launched a formal educational program focused on increased local tourism asset awareness. The program equips residents in front-line hospitality and tourism-related positions with a more in-depth knowledge of the area's many assets so they may help create a more positive and memorable visitor experience. Classes are ongoing. For details, visit www.teamlansing.org.
Available within the "Members Only" section of www.lansing.org, this calendar is a twelve-month-plus, exclusive listing of conferences, conventions, trade shows and special events scheduled in the Greater Lansing area. Information such as contact name, address, type/size of event and meeting location is included in this invaluable sales and staffing tool. Great for your outbound marketing!
Throughout the year, various FREE events are held to promote business-to-business networking as well as provide valuable opportunities for members to showcase their businesses.
- Networking Social Events are held quarterly, allowing members to network with fellow members and guests. You can maximize the return on your membership investment by networking with experts in your field. Upcoming events and marketing opportunities are featured in our GLCVB Member eNews Hand Delivered; special announcements are sent by email and US mail.
- Free Educational Seminars are held periodically on topics ranging from CVB 101: Learn How to Use Your Benefits to How to Market Your Business Using Social Media.
- Be a Tourist in Your Own Town is a family event held each year that highlights attractions and services that Greater Lansing has to offer. The GLCVB encourages members to participate in educating residents about what we have to offer visitors, thus creating many "ambassadors" for our city.
- GLCVB Annual Holiday Showcase Event is held in December and is designed to allow hospitality-focused members to meet directly with meeting planners to showcase their goods and services in a trade show type venue. This FREE holiday event has proven to be an extremely effective networking tool.
Members may purchase mailing labels created from the membership database for direct marketing to fellow members, or may purchase a tab delimited or Excel data file.
Referrals and Sales Leads
The Services Department makes referrals on behalf of our members for products, meeting venues, and services needed by visiting groups. Regularly, member information is distributed by GLCVB employees at major conventions, events and trade shows.
Restaurant Reservation Service
The GLCVB staffs a restaurant reservation booth provided to conventions and trade shows utilizing the Lansing Center. The booth displays menus from all participating member restaurants and makes reservations on behalf of the guest.