Military groups of every size and type call Greater Lansing their home away from home every single year. Why? Because we are a warm and welcoming community that has successfully blended big-city amenities with small-town friendliness.
Five reasons to host your military event in Greater Lansing
- The region's central location in the state makes it an easy destination for your attendees to gather.
- Greater Lansing is measurably affordable in comparison with other Midwestern metropolitan areas. We know military reunion groups often travel with family and operate on budgets that are limited. From our accommodations, to dining and entertainment, you will find something for everyone with a price-point that fits a tight budget.
- Greater Lansing is near the junction of most major state highways. It's easy to find your way around our town, and our downtown is only ten minutes from Capital Region International Airport. Lansing is compact and easy to navigate.
- Looking for attractions of every kind on a tight budget? Look no further! Greater Lansing offers top-notch galleries, museums and historical sites all throughout the community. Best of all - most are 100% free of charge.
- Be a big fish in a small pond! While Greater Lansing is a thriving Midwestern metropolitan area, we're not so big that your group is going to fall through the cracks. Our sales and services staff at the GLCVB will employ every effort to show you your group's event truly matters to us, and that we're glad you're here!