Woldumar Nature Center sits on 178 acres of woodland, prairie and wetland terrains, with over a mile of shoreline on the Grand River. Walk along trails and observe the new and exciting differences during each season of the year. Each family member can find something of interest here! Guests can call the Nature Center in advance to determine sensory friendly times to visit.
Call (517) 322-0030 for more information.
Credit Cards Accepted:
- MC, V
- Banquet/Meeting Facilities:
- Free WiFi:
- Gift Store Available:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Reservations Accepted:
- Pets Allowed (leash required):
- Directions: FROM NORTH: 27 South to 69 West. Take 69 West (becomes 69 South) to Lansing Rd. North (Exit 98B). Take Lansing Rd. north (Business 27) to Old Lansing Rd. (will veer off to the right). Take Old Lansing Rd. approximately 1/4 mile. Center is on the righthand side. FROM EAST: 96 West to Lansing Rd. North (Exit 98B). Take Lansing Rd. north (Business 27) to Old Lansing Rd. (will veer off to the right). Take Old Lansing Rd. approximately 1/4 mile. Center is on the righthand side. FROM SOUTH: 127 North to 96 West. Take 96 West to Lansing Rd. North (Exit 98B). Take Lansing Rd. north (Business 27) to Old Lansing Rd. (will veer off to the right). Take Old Lansing Rd. approximately 1/4 mile. Center is on the righthand side. FROM WEST: 96 East to Lansing Rd. North (Exit 98B). Take Lansing Rd. north (Business 27) to Old Lansing Rd. (will veer off to the right). Take Old Lansing Rd. approximately 1/4 mile. Center is on the righthand side.
- Hours of Operation: Trails open daily dawn to dusk, Visitor Center hours vary seasonally.
- Outside Catering Allowed:
- Admission Price: Members: FREE, Non-members: $2 trail donation.
- Accommodate Groups:
- Band Shell/Amphitheater:
- Hiking/Biking Trails:
- Pavilion/Picnic Area:
- Size (in acres): 178
- Special Events:
- Description Choosing Woldumar for your conference venue will not only provide a beautiful and unforgettable experience for you and your colleagues, but also will directly support and sustain our nonprofit environmental education efforts. Woldumar is home to the RE Olds Anderson Rotary Barn, a renovated 20th Century dairy barn which provides a one-of-a-kind rustic setting for classes, meetings, weddings, and other events. The auditorium level of the barn can comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests at tables. The lower level can be set up for food service or be used for an additional conference space seating up to 60 guests. The barn is complete with a deck and large patio and is handicapped accessible. Restrooms are located on the first floor. The lower level has a kitchen area with a sink and refrigerator available for use. In addition to these features we also have small bridal prep room which can be also used for storage or a small break out room located on the first floor near the restrooms. In our visitors center we have a small “Rock Room” This space is primarily used for youth education, but is available to rent for groups of up to 40 people. This space is accessible from ground level and convenient for small business meetings. Our beautifully maintained grounds are available for your guests to explore or to hold an outdoor meeting. We have two different locations to choose from, the Sunrise Pavilion, and the Walnut Glen Amphitheatre. The sunrise pavilion is nestled at the rear portion of Woldumar’s regularly maintained area. Up to 20 people can be seated under the roof, or chairs can be placed on the lawn for up to 150 guests, making this space ideal for outdoor meetings. The Walnut Glen Amphitheatre is just a short walk from the barn and deep in the woods. Walnut Glen is complete with a stage and wooden benches that can accommodate up to 147 guests. Walnut Glen is a serene location with a steady stream and forest backdrop. The Amphitheatre is perfect for outdoor lectures and demonstrations. Woldumar Nature Center is not a full service conference center. You will be responsible for providing your own linens, decorations, as well as food and drink services. Woldumar staff will set up and tear down tables and chairs. The Re Olds Anderson Rotary barn is decorated with bright twinkle lights and white paper lanterns. All other hanging decorations must be approved. All food and drink services must be prepared off site or catered in. You may bring in your own alcohol, but it must be served by a licensed bartender. Additional fees apply to the serving of alcohol. Woldumar has Wi-Fi hotspots in the barn available for rentals. A/v equipment can be used by request and include the following; projector and screen, indoor and outdoor sound system. Woldumar Nature Center is a smoke free campus and does not allow the use of tobacco products on site. Cleaning is expected at the end of the rental time frame. The rental space must be left how it was found. This includes trash removal, wiping down tables, sweeping, and spot mopping. Cleaning supplies are provided by Woldumar Staff. In addition to your rental, Woldumar Nature Center will provide your group with complimentary fresh coffee service as a thank you! Rental Rates for weekday business hours Room # of guests 4 hour 8 hours Additional hours Grounds 100 $125 $220 $40 Rock Room 30-40 $175 $300 $60 Barn 150 $400 $650 $150 Visits: If you would like to arrange a tour of our facilities or need to arrange a follow-up visit prior to your event, please contact our Hospitality Manager Victoria, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to our frequent education programs and staffing limitations, we are unable to accommodate walk-in tours.
- Space Notes R.E. Olds Barn - 150 guests; Lower level 60 guests; Rock Room - 40 guests; Sunset Pavilion 20 guests under the roof or lawn seating up to 150; Walnut Glen Amphitheater has a stage and wooden benches up for 147 guests.
- Banquet Capacity 150
- Number of Rooms 3