Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Internship, Marketing Communications Department
The mission of the Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau is to positively impact the area’s economy by marketing the region as a travel destination. We are a non-profit organization that markets Greater Lansing as a destination for meetings and conventions, sporting events, and leisure travel.
We are seeking a paid, part-time intern to join our marketing communications team. This position reports to the vice president of marketing communications and tactically supports the marketing communications department with its strategies to effectively promote Greater Lansing as a destination.
Our potential candidate will be self-driven, motivated, and results oriented, with the ability to work as a team player. Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite. At least Junior status at institute of higher learning with an emphasis in communications, marketing, or related field preferred. Reliable transportation is required.
- Utilizes graphic design skills to support the creation of GLCVB and GLSA promotional materials.
- Works in conjunction with MarCom staff to capture and catalog photos/videos.
- Works in conjunction with MarCom staff to maintain content and appearance of GLCVB & GLSA websites and e-marketing projects.
- Supports promotional efforts for special events such as: Be A Tourist In Your Own Town, March Magic Hoopfest, etc.
- Work in collaboration with MarCom staff to help support engagement to Bureau’s social outlets.
- Supports media relations efforts. Ensures that all media lists are up-to-date and maintains relevant MarCom contacts in Simpleview database.
- Administrative duties including: mailings, printing/copying/collating, data entry and maintenance of Simpleview database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
There are many ways to contribute and get involved with the Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau. Volunteers are needed for events throughout the year such as, Be A Tourist In Your Own Town. For more information, email Jennifer Hagen.
Greater Lansing Sports Authority
Assist the Greater Lansing Sports Authority with various athletic tournaments and events throughout the community. Events are primarily on weekends. Duties range from registration assistance to supporting athletes' needs. These events provide the perfect backdrop for corporate team building or high school community service credits.
Please contact Miranda Coleman at email@example.com for details.