Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
The mission of the Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau is to positively impact the area’s economy by marketing the region as a travel destination. We are a non-profit organization that markets Greater Lansing as a destination for meetings and conventions, sporting events, and leisure travel.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Coordinator to join our team to be responsible for the administrative and clerical support for all members of the Sales department. The position reports to the Vice President of Business Development.
Our potential candidate will be self-driven, motivated, and results oriented, with the ability to work as a team player. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required and an Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Serve as the Sales Department’s and Greater Lansing Sports Authority’s point of contact for Simpleview (CRM database) and its functionalities, including the assurance of required fields for the inputting of new leads.
- Assists Sales Department and GLSA with various reporting mechanisms, including the monitoring of the integrity of Simpleview (CRM database), to ensure the reliability of the data. Compiles month-end reports and provides monthly lead report to designated hotels. Assists in creation and enhancement of measurement reports and other miscellaneous reports.
- Schedules and coordinates GLCVB Lodging Advisory Board meetings. Attends meeting to facilitate meeting minutes and information for the members.
- Provides clerical support to sales managers. Makes travel arrangements and coordinates meetings and events. Prepares and distributes client proposals digitally. Sends client confirmation letters and handles follow-up on outstanding letters. Coordinates preparation for trade shows, client FAMs and other sales-related events.
- Assists in the coordination of partner meetings. Assists in speaker selection, site selection and all details related to ensuring a successful event.
- Assists sales managers with solicitation efforts, including development of solicitation strategies and assistance with research.
- After initial pre-qualification by respective Sales Manager, responsible for booking and maintaining meetings-only leads and business.
- Handles product inventory for sales department, including client gift presentation.
- Serves as daily back-up to receptionist. Covers receptionist area and incoming calls on main phone line as needed.
- Responsible for professional written and verbal communication with clients, members and a variety of other professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Bureau offers an excellent, team-focused environment with competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability
- 401K with employer contribution
- Paid time off, including paid holidays
- Education reimbursement program
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Coordinator” in the subject line.
There are many ways to contribute and get involved with the Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau. Volunteers are needed for events throughout the year such as, Be A Tourist In Your Own Town. For more information, email Jennifer Hagen.
Greater Lansing Sports Authority
Assist the Greater Lansing Sports Authority with various athletic tournaments and events throughout the community. Events are primarily on weekends. Duties range from registration assistance to supporting athletes' needs. These events provide the perfect backdrop for corporate team building or high school community service credits.
Please contact Miranda Coleman at email@example.com for details.