Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Position: Intern, Marketing Communications
Vice President, Marketing Communications
Tactically supports the marketing communications department with its strategies to effectively promote Greater Lansing as a destination.
- Utilizes graphic design skills to support the creation of GLCVB and GLSA promotional materials.
- Works in conjunction with MarCom staff to capture and catalog photos/videos.
- Works in conjunction with MarCom staff to maintain content and appearance of GLCVB & GLSA websites and e-marketing projects.
- Supports promotional efforts for special events such as: Be A Tourist In Your Own Town, March Magic Hoopfest, etc.
- Work in collaboration with MarCom staff to help support engagement to Bureau’s social outlets.
- Supports media relations efforts. Ensures that all media lists are up-to-date and maintains relevant MarCom contacts in Simpleview database.
- Administrative duties including: mailings, printing/copying/collating, data entry and maintenance of Simpleview database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Requires extensive computer and telephone use.
May require lifting, pushing and/or pulling objects over 25 pounds.
Knowledge of marketing and public relations as they relate to the hospitality industry.
Possess exceptional verbal and written communications skills and excellent time management and organization skills.
Ability to exercise judgment and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality internally and in a variety of public contact situations.
Ability to work as a team member to meet the strategic objectives of the organization.
Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and Microsoft Office software.
Education and Experience:
At least Junior status at institute of higher learning with an emphasis in communications, marketing, or related field preferred. Reliable transportation is required.
Email a cover letter and resume to Tracy Padot at firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Marketing Communications Intern" in the subject line.
There are many ways to contribute and get involved with the Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau. Volunteers are needed for events throughout the year such as, Be A Tourist In Your Own Town. For more information, email Kristina Kauffman.
Greater Lansing Sports Authority
Assist the Greater Lansing Sports Authority with various athletic tournaments and events throughout the community. Events are primarily on weekends. Duties range from registration assistance to supporting athletes' needs. These events provide the perfect backdrop for corporate team building or high school community service credits.
Please contact Miranda Coleman at email@example.com for details.