Wharton Center Presents: Disney's The Lion King - Sensory-Friendly PerformanceVenue: Wharton Center for Performing Arts
Location: Wharton Center for Performing Arts
Address: 750 E Shaw Ln Michigan State University Pasant Theatre East Lansing, MI
Admission: Starting at $35
Contact: Wharton Center
(517) 353-1982 Visit Website
What are Sensory-Friendly Performances?
At Sensory-Friendly Performances, accommodations will include:
- Lower sound and light levels; all strobe light effects removed.
- House lights on at a low level throughout the performance.
- Audience members are welcome to stand, move around, and enter and leave the theatre as needed.
- An Activities Area with crafts and sensory activities as well as designated quiet areas.
- Autism specialists and trained volunteers on hand.
- Sensory supports available (fidgets, earplugs).
- A Social Story that portrays the theatre-going experience with pictures and text.
- A Character Guide with pictures identifying each character in the show.
- Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, headphones, electronics, special snacks, and other support items to the
Giraffes strut. Birds swoop. Gazelles leap. The entire Serengeti comes to life as never before. And as the music soars, Pride Rock slowly emerges from the mist. This is Disney’s THE LION KING, making its triumphant return to Wharton Center!
More than 90 million people around the world have experienced the awe-inspiring visual artistry, the unforgettable music, and the uniquely theatrical storytelling of this Broadway spectacular – one of the most breathtaking and beloved productions ever to grace the stage.
Winner of six Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, THE LION KING brings together one of the most imaginative creative teams on Broadway. Tony Award®-winning director Julie Taymor brings to life a story filled with hope and adventure set against an amazing backdrop of stunning visuals. THE LION KING also features the extraordinary work of Tony Award®-winning choreographer Garth Fagan and some of Broadway’s most recognizable music, crafted by Tony Award®-winning artists Elton John and Tim Rice.
There is simply nothing else like THE LION KING.
Sensory-Friendly Performances are generously sponsored by Delta Dental of Michigan with additional support provided by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs; MSU Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives; Office of the President; College of Education; Research in Autism, Intellectual and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (RAIND) program; University Outreach and Engagement; and Peckham, Inc.
July 21, 2018
Location: 750 E Shaw Ln, Wharton Center for Performing Arts, MI
Phone: (517) 353-1982
Time: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Price: Starting at $35