If you're involved in the hospitality industry, or even if you're just a mover and shaker within the Lansing social scene, you most likely already have heard about the Greater Lansing Certified Tourism Ambassador Program. But what about any of you out there who have no idea what CTA means? It's time you found out. The Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau is proud to bring this exciting certification program to our region. The program strives to inspire and motivate front-line employees and volunteers that typically encounter visitors to the area to turn every visitor encounter into a positive experience! Utilize your skills to make each and every visitor feel like they belong here and help in making Greater Lansing a home away from home! When people visit our community, we want them to come back, so help them get a positive feel for the area by providing everything from insider info, to plain and simple high-quality customer service!
Being a CTA is also an excellent way to network within the community. For the first time, you can connect with other front line employees and volunteers - through the CTA program! Powerful tools have been developed by the CTA Network to help you connect with one another, share ideas, and share information to help visitors, including:
- Find a Fellow CTA - The CTA Directory! Search locally or nationally. Search by name. Search by Company. Search by Industry Segment (hotel, airport, transportation, etc.).
- Connect Online - CTAs will be able to connect with other CTAs, locally and nationally through social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Refer a Friend - An easy-to-use feature that helps you send an email to friends you believe would like to become a CTA. Refer many friends, as you're entered into a drawing for great prizes for each one you refer!
- CTAs In Action - Check out photos of CTAs in Action and submit a CTA in Action photo of yourself or a fellow CTA in our monthly CTA Spirit Photo Contest and win a $50 American Express Gift Card!
- CTAs In The News - Read articles about CTA programs around the country.
Use these tools to create a powerful connection to your fellow CTAs!!!
Being a CTA also helps you stay in the know on trends in the business. There are a myriad of trends facing the travel & tourism industry - girlfriend vacations, people traveling with pets and voluntourism, to name a few. Get access to the unique aspect of these trends and how they impact the industry - and YOU!
Want even more reasons to become a CTA?
- Are you proud to be a Greater Lansing resident and you're tired of people saying there is "nothing to do?" - Are you one of those people that think we should do "Be A Tourist In Your Own Town" every weekend? This group is for you. It's all about knowing the area and sharing your community pride.
- CTAs are unique - they're special - because they care about being the best they can be! They strive to be professional in everything they do.
- Employers are seeking CTAs, because of these traits AND because CTAs care about the experience visitors have in their destination. They go the extra mile.
- Call it courtesy, call it professionalism, call it CTA Pride. Whatever you choose to call it, it's unique - and it sets CTAs apart from others.
CTAs are committed to growing their professionalism through ongoing education, such as CTA Networking Events, seminars and first-hand experience with attractions and other activities that help with their annual Renewal of Certification - See more at: http://www.lansing.org/about/team-lansing-foundation/cta_info/#sthash.cFjYyE1h.dpuf