LANSING, Mich.--The Greater Lansing Convention and Visitors Bureau (GLCVB) is celebrating its fifty years
in existence by opening the doors of the Greater Lansing Visitor Center for a special celebration. The public is
invited Friday, May 14, 2010 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. for FREE refreshments, special discounts and more!
The Greater Lansing Visitor Center is located on the first floor of the Stadium District building, 500 E. Michigan
Ave., Suite 180 in downtown Lansing, across from Cooley Law School Stadium.
Special offers on May 14th include:
- Complimentary cake and punch (while supplies last.)
- Buy ONE, GET ONE FREE Be A Tourist in Your Own Town* passports (limit 6 per person.)
- Kids can enter the Be A Tourist in Your Own Town coloring contest.
- Enter a FREE drawing to win a Greater Lansing prize package.
- FREE Entertainment Express trolley tickets (one per person, while supplies last.)
- FREE commemorative Lansing area caricature posters (one per person, while supplies last.)
- FREE brochures, maps, visitor guides and other promotional materials covering a wide range of festivals,attractions, dining, accommodations, etc.
- Information specialists will be on hand to help answer questions about visiting the region.
- Greater Lansing merchandise is available to purchase.
The GLCVB was founded in 1960 with a singular mission; to promote the region as a desirable convention and
tourism destination. While the core mission has remained the same, the GLCVB has evolved and grown over the last
50 years from a staff of two to 25 employees and encompasses the work of the Greater Lansing Sports Authority and
Team Lansing Foundation.
"We're proud to have a hand in helping bring over five million visitors to the mid-Michigan region each year. Whether
someone is in town for a convention or a sporting tournament, or just visiting friends and family for the weekend,
those visitors generate nearly $431 million dollars in economic impact for our community," said Lee Hladki, GLCVB
President and CEO. "Our anniversary celebration gives us the opportunity to recognize and thank all of our
community partners and residents who have helped make us a success."
The Visitor Center is open to the public Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Parking is available behind the Stadium
District building. For more information about the GLCVB visit http://www.lansing.org/ or phone (517) 487-6800.
*Be A Tourist In Your Own Town is an annual event coordinated by the GLCVB that provides free access to over
50 attractions and hot spots for the cost of a $1 passport. The event will be held Saturday, June 5, 2010.
The Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau seeks to positively impact the economic well being of the
Greater Lansing area by marketing the entire region as a desirable convention and tourism destination.